Victoria Bernhardt, Ph.D., is the Executive Director of a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to build the capacity of learning organizations at all levels to gather, analyze, and use data to continuously improve learning for all students. She is also a college Professor (currently on leave) in the Department of Professional Studies in Education.
Dr. Victoria Bernhardt has written numerous books including:
* From Questions to Actions: Using Questionnaire Data for Continuous School Improvement (2009) describes how to create, administer, analyze, and use questionnaires as a tool to improve teaching strategies, programs, and learning organizations.
* Data, Data Everywhere: Bringing All the Data Together for Continuous School Improvement (2009) is an easy-to-read primer that is conversational and accessible. This book will help your faculty and staff become comfortable with using data to drive a continuous school improvement process.
* Translating Data into Information to Improve Teaching and Learning (2007) helps educators think through the selection of meaningful data elements and effective data tools and strengthens their understanding of how to increase the quality of data and data reports at each educational level.
* A four-book collection of using data to improve student learning: Using Data to Improve Student Learning in Elementary Schools (2003); Using Data to Improve Student Learning in Middle Schools (2004); Using Data to Improve Student Learning in High Schools (2005); and Using Data to Improve Student Learning in School Districts (2006). Each book shows real analyses focused on one education organizational level and provides templates on an accompanying CD-Rom for leaders to use for gathering, graphing, and analyzing data in their own learning organizations.
* Data Analysis for Continuous School Improvement (First Edition, 1998; Second Edition, 2004) helps learning organizations use data to determine where they are, where they want to be, and how to get there,sensibly, painlessly, and effectively.
* The School Portfolio Toolkit: A Planning, Implementation, and Evaluation Guide for Continuous School Improvement, and CD-Rom (2002), is a compilation of over 500 examples, suggestions, activities, tools, strategies, and templates for producing school portfolios that will lead to continuous school improvement.
* The Example School Portfolio (2000) shows what a completed school portfolio looks like and further supports schools in developing their own school portfolios.
* The School Portfolio: A Comprehensive Framework for School Improvement (First Edition, 1994; Second Edition, 1999) assists schools with clarifying the purpose and vision of their learning organizations as they develop their school portfolios.
Dr. Victoria Bernhardt is passionate about her mission of helping all educators continuously improve student learning in classrooms, schools, districts, states, provinces, and countries by gathering, analyzing, and using actual data, as opposed to using hunches and “gut-level” feelings. She has made numerous presentations at professional meetings and conducts workshops on the school portfolio, data analysis, data warehousing, and school improvement at local, state, regional, national, and international levels.